Hagley Oval is located at 63 Riccarton Ave, Central Christchurch
If you are coming to a cricket event it will pay to keep an eye on the event page on What's On as this is where you find up to date information for specific events.
Otherwise, we have put the following information together to help you find your way.
If you are attending cricket at Hagley Oval, always allow more time than you expect to get to and from the venue and aim to arrive at least 45 minutes before the start of the game. Traffic congestion can be heavy for the majority of cricket events, particularly during peak commuter travel times around the City Centre. To check to see if there is a Traffic Management Plan in place for an event, visit www.transportforchristchurch.govt.nz
If attending Cricket events, there is no parking available at the Horticultural Hall. Metered parking is available on Riccarton Ave and surrounding streets.
There is also public parking located on Deans Ave. This parking costs $5 for the day – cash or credit card (cards cost 50c extra). Bring coins. The parking meters are located alongside the portacom for the hospital shuttle. It operates from 7am – 8:30pm, seven days a week.
Remember your car registration – you need to enter into the parking machine when you pay for your parking. The exit barrier arm is equipped with a number-plate reader that recognises that you have paid before exiting.
For private events at the Pavilion, there is limited public parking on site, shared with the Horticultural Hall, however space is subject to availability. There is also a public car park located off Riccarton Ave where parking is available for 180 minutes, 0800 – 1800 Monday to Friday. This area is patrolled by wardens and parking is limited and available on a first in first served basis.
We recommend car pooling or parking in nearby, well-lit streets. Contact Canterbury Cricket for information regarding Domestic matches, and Black Caps for information regarding international matches.
Disability Parking is available in the main carpark closest to the Pavilion. Only vehicles with the appropriate Mobility Pass should park in these areas.
Metro Bus Stops are located on Riccarton Ave. Numbers 83 (Hei Hei), 23 (Hyde Park/Woolston), 81 (Lincoln) and 84 (Russley) stop nearby. Visit www.metroinfo.org.nz for more information and timetables.
Taxis are generally welcome to drop you off within the Hagley Oval carpark, though due to traffic congestion, we would recommend they do so on Riccarton Ave. If you require a taxi pick up post event we recommend you book this well in advance as taxis can be in high demand around events.
Pedestrian access is available from all points of entry in to the area. Please stay on footpaths and sides of roads for your safety and that of others.
Hagley Oval is smokefree at all times
Please note while we endeavour to communicate as much as possible, Promoters and Event Owners/Operators may amend these Conditions of Entry at short or no notice for reasons of safety and security.
View the 2017/2018 International Cricket Conditions of Entry.
View the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2018 Conditions of Entry
Download the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2018 Musical Instrument Registration Form
All persons entering Hagley Oval must be appropriately dressed. Clothing must conform to reasonable standards of decency.
Where a dress code is indicated on the entry ticket, that dress code must be adhered to.
The right of admittance is reserved to Event Management staff and the decision will be final. In particular no person will be permitted entry to the Hagley Oval with:
- Bare feet
- Clothing containing offensive messages (or gang patches)
- Inappropriate costume, including costume that obstructs another patrons view of the match
- High visibility reflective clothing
Patrons may be refused entry to or asked to leave Hagley Oval if they:
- Are not in possession of a valid ticket or pass
- Are the subject of a current trespass order
- Attempt to bring in, or are found with, prohibited items
- Appear intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, or otherwise behave in a disorderly or offensive manner
- Enter the field of play
- Refuse to undergo a breathalyser test.
- Fail to comply with security or entry staff requests, including submission to a search
- Are carrying out illegal or unauthorised activities within the grounds
- Prams and strollers are permitted but not within public seated/embankment areas.
- Umbrellas are permitted but within public seated/embankment areas.
- Flags at the discretion of Event Management staff
- Sealed plastic bottles (up to 1.5 litre in size) containing non-alcoholic beverages for personal consumption.
- Empty plastic bottles (up to 1.5 litre in size) to be filled using water provided at the Venue.
- Small amounts of non-commercial food intended for personal consumption.
- Soft chilly bags smaller than 20L.
- Deck chairs - to be used in the designated areas only.
- Prams and strollers within designated areas
The following items shall not be permitted in the Venue and will be confiscated:
- Alcohol not purchased at the Venue.
- Animals with the exception of guide dogs.
- Drink containers with broken seals not purchased at the Venue.
- Drink containers larger than 1.5 litre.
- Cans (including aerosol cans), glass bottles and any breakable container.
- Illicit drugs.
- Thermos flasks (Prohibited item for short form matches but permitted for Test matches).
- Bean bags or inflatable chairs.
- Dangerous items/weapons (including, but not limited to, knives, flares, fireworks and laser pointers).
- Skateboards, roller blades, scooters and bicycles.
- Umbrellas within public seated/embankment areas.
- Sound amplifying devices including whistles, loudhailers, air horns or similar devices.
- Musical instruments unless pre-registered with Event Management Staff.
- Prams and strollers within public seated/embankment areas.
- Hard chilly bins and/or picnic hampers.
- Flags, banners etc that may, at the sole discretion of the Event Management Staff, be considered too large or contain profanity or messages that could be deemed offensive. In all cases flag poles must be limited in length to no more than one hand width wider than the associated flag/banner.
- Photographic, video or audio recording equipment for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes, which may include, without limitation, video and/or audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods, selfie sticks or lenses with a total focal strength of greater than 200mm and commercial digital video equipment. The Event Management Staff will, at their sole discretion, determine whether or not an item is intended for personal or commercial use. ·
- Any other item which the Event Management Staff (at their sole discretion) deems to be a prohibited item which may be a danger to, or inconvenience any other patron.
Refusal of entry
Patrons will be refused entry if:
- They appear to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs/narcotics.
- They refuse to comply with requests from security and/or gate staff.
- They have no valid entry ticket or accreditation pass
- Anyone aged 13 who is unaccompanied by a responsible adult.
Eviction from Venue
Patrons will be requested to leave the Venue during an event if they:
- Are intoxicated, or appear to be becoming intoxicated.
- Are verbally or physically abusive.
- Throw any missile.
- Enter or attempt to enter the field of play at any time either prior, during or after a match.
- Behave in a disorderly or offensive manner, or a manner contrary to public order.
- Attempt to bring a prohibited item into the Venue.
- Breach any part of the terms of these Venue Regulations.
- Engage in any form of unauthorised betting or gambling at or around the Venue or facilitate from within the Venue the conduct of any form of unauthorised betting or gambling
- whether within or outside any Venue by third parties (in addition to eviction, further sanctions and penalties may apply).
- Engage in, or conduct, any ambush marketing.
- Commit any act deemed a crime in New Zealand Law.
Last reviewed December 2017
Main Function Lounge
Players Dining Room
Team Lounge 1
Team Lounge 2
*These numbers are indicative only, and room capacity will depend on your event requirements.
View the Floor Plan - PDF View the Data Sheets - PDF
Whether you’re here as a guest for an event, or you’re the one organising it, we’ve got you sorted and it’s all about choice…
Coming to cricket?
From hot chips and soft drinks to delicious cake and boutique beers, if you're at Hagley Oval for a cricket match, on the embankment or in the Pavilion, there will be a plenty for you to choose from around the grounds.
Planning an event?
If you’re organising a special event then you’ve got some choices to make. Head on over to our Catering page and get inspired!
With so many precious guests walking through our doors every day we take our responsibilities very seriously.
You may be coming to a cricket match, a wedding or a dinner to dance the night away so we’re here to ensure you not only have an amazing time but also a safe one at Hagley Oval. We’ve done our research, collaborated with the right people and put measures in place so we can confidently stand by our Health & Safety Statement of Commitment.
We hope you don't have to but if you have any questions or concerns about your experience at Hagley Oval then please do get in touch so we can take the appropriate actions to ensure everyone's safe and sound.
If you’re planning an event however, then you’ll also need to be on board with all our policies and procedures so head on over to the Organisers & Exhibitors tab to get the low down >>
Whoever said the devil’s in the detail must’ve worked in events!
Whether you’re planning the big day, or you’re just on centrepiece duty for the company dinner, there can be a lot of information you need to take in. Here we try to break it down a little and make the process just a bit easier for everyone.
Before you think you’ve got it covered though please remember - as with any event planning, your specific requirements may differ from what’s listed here – every event is unique and your event is definitely a bit more special!
Food & beverage options
It's all about choice. We have created our menu pack to suit the huge range of events we host here at Vbase so you can choose from a pre-set menu package, or customise your own menu from a large selection of individual items. Head on over to our Catering page and get inspired!
Health & Safety
Do you know where our responsibilities merge with yours? With new legislations in play we’ve taken extra care and attention to making sure you have everything covered ahead of your next event. Here’s a sample of documents you may come across when planning your next event at a Vbase venue.
Smart Stuff Check it House Rules - Smaller Events Health & Safety Policy Suite
And they all lived happily ever after…
Chances are you’ve already got an inkling of the spectacular setting and views Hagley provides for your special day so we’ve put together some more information below to help guide your way. (Congratulations by the way!)
Wedding Pack Wedding Checklist